Are you at High Risk for Tooth Decay?
Tooth decay is something we all try to avoid, but sometimes it just happens. Luckily, there are certain ways that we can prevent it from occurring in excessive amounts.
Take a look at the following habits to see if you are at risk for tooth decay because of your own habits.
- Do you skip brushing your teeth because you are too busy or too tired? Even skipping once in a while can heighten your risk for tooth decay.
- Do you skip flossing? This is the only way to get the food debris and bacteria out from in between your teeth. If it is left there, it will promote tooth decay.
- Do you graze all day long? If you are constantly eating, you are not giving your teeth a chance to eliminate the bacteria in your mouth. You need time in between each meal to allow the saliva to balance out the pH level of your mouth which helps to decrease the risk of decay.
- Do you not drink water? Water is the key component in keeping tooth decay away. When you are hydrated, your mouth produces adequate saliva, which helps to remove the bacteria from your mouth.
- Do you eat an unhealthy diet? A diet rich in carbohydrates, refined sugars, and processed foods will promote tooth decay no matter how many times a day you brush and floss your teeth. Your teeth need the vitamins and nutrients from health food.
If you are at risk for tooth decay, please contact us today so that we can help you get back on track!